Modification to Prior Orders

in Child and Spousal Support (Alimony), Modification to Prior Orders

Can I get credit for child support I paid even though the kids were living with me?

In a recent case, a Florida appellate court addressed whether a parent can get credit for child support payments made during a period when they were actually taking care of the children. The central issue was the retroactive modification of child support in light of a change in the child’s primary residence. The father in […]

in Child Custody and Time-Sharing, Child Relocation, Modification to Prior Orders

How far can a parent move with joint custody?

If both parents agree to the relocation and the new arrangements for timesharing, they can sign a written agreement to this effect. This agreement must be submitted to the court for approval and should detail the consent for relocation, the new visitation schedule, and how transportation costs will be handled. When parents are timesharing in […]

in Child and Spousal Support (Alimony), Child Custody and Time-Sharing, Modification to Prior Orders

Can a custodial parent waive back child support?

A parent with substantial timesharing cannot unilaterally waive back child support owed by the other parent in Florida. Child support payments are viewed as the right of the child, and thus, parents do not have the authority to waive these payments. The purpose of child support is to provide for the welfare and needs of […]

    Etiam magna arcu, ullamcorper ut pulvinar et, ornare sit amet ligula. Aliquam vitae bibendum lorem. Cras id dui lectus. Pellentesque nec felis tristique urna lacinia sollicitudin ac ac ex. Maecenas mattis faucibus condimentum. Curabitur imperdiet felis at est posuere bibendum. Sed quis nulla tellus.


    63739 street lorem ipsum City, Country


    +12 (0) 345 678 9


    Call us at 954-329-2222